CPT Code Updates Coming Fall 2022
Effective 10/1/2022, more than 300 new ICD-10-PCS codes will go into effect. The updates include 331 new codes and 64 code deletions. Among them are new technology codes, including a code for computer-assisted transcranial magnetic stimulation of the prefrontal cortex. The 2023 fiscal year (FY) updates are available for download on the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services or by clicking here.
However, many changes will be retroactive. Effective January 1, 2022, there are two codes that the bilateral surgery rules do not apply to. They are:
- 30468 – Minimally invasive repair of a collapsed nasal valve with a subcutaneous or submucosal lateral wall implant that is bilateral.
- 70336 – Magnetic resonance (eg, proton) imaging, tempromandibular joint(s)
For Medicare, do not append the ‘50’ modifier. There are also 25 new CPT codes and 16 HCPCS Level II codes that became effective July 1, 2022. These include:
- A9596 – Gallium ga-68 gozetotide, diagnostic, (illuccix), 1 millicurieor just “Gallium illuccix 1 millicure”
- J1551 – Injection, immune globulin (cutaquig), 100 mgor just “Inj cutaquig 100 mg”
- Q4260 – Signature apatch, per square centimeteror just “Signature apatch, per sq cm”
The full list of new codes can be found by clicking here.
Physicians Group Management (PGM) is one of the fastest-growing medical billing companies in the United States. For over 35 years, PGM has been providing medical billing and practice management services and software to physicians, healthcare facilities, and laboratories. PGM’s current client base encompasses the full spectrum of medical specialties, including Internal Medicine, Dermatology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Pathology, EMS & Ambulatory Services, Cardiology, Nephrology, Urology, Pain Management, OB/GYN, Gastroenterology, Independent Laboratory, and many more. PGM’s medical billing and practice management solutions include: –
- A full suite of practice management and medical billing solutions each tailored to the specific needs of your practice
- CCHIT-certified electronic medical record software and services
- Streamlined, customized credentialing services for providers of all sizes
- Practice management software that provides advanced financial and practice analysis tools, specifically designed to give enhanced visibility of operations at the click of a button
- Laboratory billing software that offers best-in-class systems to streamline, and manage and track, financial and administrative processes