The American Urological Association provides a free, valuable urology coding and billing resource that you can access regardless of whether or not you are a member of AUA.
On its website, the AUA addresses more than 15 urology surgical procedure coding and billing questions. These questions include the following:
- What is the proper CPT code for a post-voiding bladder residual ultrasound?
- How do I bill for implantation of urethral bulking agents for urinary incontinence?
- Our urologist had to convert a laparoscopic procedure to an open procedure due to complications. How do we bill this?
- Is there a CPT® code available to bill for a Martius flap in conjunction with a urethrovaginal fistula?
- How do I bill for stent insertion in either an ileal conduit or a continent diversion?