It’s Deductible Season!
The end of one year brings the beginning of a new one and that means annual deductibles have been reset for 2023. As a result, patients will be responsible for higher balances and insurance payments will be lower for the first quarter of the year.
To better understand what a patient may be responsible for, check their benefits prior to the patient being seen. While it is the responsibility of the patient to understand their benefits, most of the time there are unanswered questions, so being able to provide answers may help prevent disgruntled phone calls or visits to the office. Remember, most deductibles are plan dependent, so utilizing websites like Availity and NaviNet are helpful.
2023 Medicare Deductibles:
|2022 Part A Deductible||2023 Part A Deductible||2022 Part B Deductible||2023 Part B Deductible|
|$1,556.00||$1,600.00 (increase of $44.00)||$233.00||$226.00 (decrease of $7.00)|
Medicare deductibles reset on January 1, 2023, so patients may need a reminder that they could be receiving a statement in the mail.
Physicians Group Management (PGM) is one of the fastest-growing medical billing companies in the United States. For over 35 years, PGM has been providing medical billing and practice management services and software to physicians, healthcare facilities, and laboratories. PGM’s current client base encompasses the full spectrum of medical specialties, including Internal Medicine, Dermatology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Pathology, EMS & Ambulatory Services, Cardiology, Nephrology, Urology, Pain Management, OB/GYN, Gastroenterology, Independent Laboratory, General Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Plastic Surgery, and many more. PGM’s medical billing and practice management solutions include: –
- A full suite of practice management and medical billing solutions each tailored to the specific needs of your practice
- CCHIT-certified electronic medical record software and services
- Streamlined, customized credentialing services for providers of all sizes
- Practice management software that provides advanced financial and practice analysis tools, specifically designed to give enhanced visibility of operations at the click of a button
- Laboratory billing software that offers best-in-class systems to streamline, and manage and track, financial and administrative processes