COVID-19 Vaccine Updates
The holiday season has the potential to bring a new wave of COVID-19, so understanding what vaccines are right for you is vital to keep you and your family members safe. As of December 22, 2022, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provided updates on what you need to know about the COVID-19 vaccines and boosters.
Four (4) COVID-19 vaccines have been approved or authorized for use in the United States:
- Johnson & Johnson (J&J/Janssen)
- However this vaccine is recommended to use only in certain situations, which can be found here.
Updated boosters that protect against the original strand of COVID-19 and the Omicron variant became available as follows:
- September 2022 = for patients aged 12 years or older
- October 2022 = for patients aged 5-11 years
- December 2022 = for patients aged 6 months – 4 years (completed the Moderna series)
The CDC recommends all patients five years or older get a booster if it has been at least two months since your last dose. For patients who are six months through four years (who completed the Moderna primary series) get a booster if it has been at least two months since the last dose. Currently, there is no booster recommendation for children six months through four years who received and completed the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine series.
Physicians Group Management (PGM) is one of the fastest-growing medical billing companies in the United States. For over 35 years, PGM has been providing medical billing and practice management services and software to physicians, healthcare facilities, and laboratories. PGM’s current client base encompasses the full spectrum of medical specialties, including Internal Medicine, Dermatology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Pathology, EMS & Ambulatory Services, Cardiology, Nephrology, Urology, Pain Management, OB/GYN, Gastroenterology, Independent Laboratory, General Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Plastic Surgery, and many more. PGM’s medical billing and practice management solutions include: –
- A full suite of practice management and medical billing solutions each tailored to the specific needs of your practice
- CCHIT-certified electronic medical record software and services
- Streamlined, customized credentialing services for providers of all sizes
- Practice management software that provides advanced financial and practice analysis tools, specifically designed to give enhanced visibility of operations at the click of a button
- Laboratory billing software that offers best-in-class systems to streamline, and manage and track, financial and administrative processes