CMS Now Requiring Payers to Cover At-Home Testing
Effective January 15, 2022, patients with a health insurance plan can go online or to a pharmacy and purchase at-home COVID-19 tests at no cost. This will happen through reimbursement or free of charges through insurance. If a patient is required to pay for a test up front, be sure to keep your receipt and submit a claim to your insurance company for reimbursement. Insurance companies are required to reimburse you at a rate of up to $12 per individual test or the full cost of the test if it is less than $12.00.
New COVID-19 Variant Detected
Just as Omicron cases start to decline; international health officials are now worried about a new variant. The “BA.2 Variant,” has now been labeled a “variant under investigation” by health officials in the United Kingdom. BA.2 is a sub-variant of Omicron. The World Health Organization has nicknamed BA.2 the “stealth omicron” and cases have been detected in more than 40 countries, including India, Germany and the United States. BA.2’s origin is still unknown, and the effectiveness of vaccines still need to be researched
Pediatric Cases Top One Million
As we approach the two year anniversary of the COVID-19 Pandemic, cases among children in the United States are higher than ever. As of January 20, pediatric cases reached more than one million, which is almost five times greater than the 2021 surge. While children are still statistically less likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19, the number of infections continues to rise due to the transmission rate of the Omicron variant.
Physicians Group Management (PGM) is one of the fastest-growing medical billing companies in the United States. For over 35 years, PGM has been providing medical billing and practice management services and software to physicians, healthcare facilities, and laboratories. PGM’s current client base encompasses the full spectrum of medical specialties, including Internal Medicine, Dermatology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Pathology, EMS & Ambulatory Services, Cardiology, Nephrology, Urology, Pain Management, OB/GYN, Gastroenterology, Independent Laboratory, and many more. PGM’s medical billing and practice management solutions include: –
– A full suite of practice management and medical billing solutions each tailored to the specific needs of your practice
– CCHIT-certified electronic medical record software and services
– Streamlined, customized credentialing services for providers of all sizes
– Practice management software that provides advanced financial and practice analysis tools, specifically designed to give enhanced visibility of operations at the click of a button
– Laboratory billing software that offers best-in-class systems to streamline, and manage and track, financial and administrative processes