National Coverage Determination Updates
Effective October 1, 2022, there will be several updates to the National Coverage Determination (NCD) guidelines that are implemented by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The following NCDs are being updated to include changes for the 2023 fiscal year:
- NCD 150.3 Bone Density Studies
- NCD 160.18 Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS)
- NCD 210.6 Screening for Hepatitis B Vaccine
- NCD 220.6.17 PET for Solid Tumors
- NCD 220.6.20 PET Beta Amyloid for Dementia/Neurodegenerative Disease
There are multiple others that will be affected by these changes. For a full list of NCD updates, you can visit cms.gov or click here.
CMS also announced changes to the Laboratory NCDs. These changes include, but are not limited to, bacterial urine cultures, Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) testing, blood glucose testing and lipids testing. A complete excel spreadsheet of NCD updates can be found here: https://www.cms.gov/medicare/coverage/determinationprocess/downloads/October-2022.zip or by visiting cms.gov.
Physicians Group Management (PGM) is one of the fastest-growing medical billing companies in the United States. For over 35 years, PGM has been providing medical billing and practice management services and software to physicians, healthcare facilities, and laboratories. PGM’s current client base encompasses the full spectrum of medical specialties, including Internal Medicine, Dermatology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Pathology, EMS & Ambulatory Services, Cardiology, Nephrology, Urology, Pain Management, OB/GYN, Gastroenterology, Independent Laboratory, and many more. PGM’s medical billing and practice management solutions include: –
- A full suite of practice management and medical billing solutions each tailored to the specific needs of your practice
- CCHIT-certified electronic medical record software and services
- Streamlined, customized credentialing services for providers of all sizes
- Practice management software that provides advanced financial and practice analysis tools, specifically designed to give enhanced visibility of operations at the click of a button
- Laboratory billing software that offers best-in-class systems to streamline, and manage and track, financial and administrative processes