The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has assembled a list of ICD-10 resources for Medicare fee-for-service providers.
They are intended to help Medicare providers implement and transition to ICD-10. ICD-10 implementation is set to begin October 1, 2015.
These resources include the following:
- MLN Matters articles on billing, claims processing, the partial code freeze, local coverage determinations (LCDs) and national coverage determinations (NCDs)
- Medicare Learning Network web-based training course on diagnosis coding using ICD-10-CM
- Medicare Learning Network products on billing, payment, coding and general equivalence mappings
- MLN Connects videos on coding basics, home health, testing and the partial code freeze
- Resources, including links to calls, product ordering and NCD conversion
To access these resources, click here.
Medicare providers should also access and bookmark PGM Billing’s comprehensive “ICD-10 Search Tool” that allows users to convert ICD-9 to ICD-10 codes and vice versa. The search engine has been used extensively by medical professionals since its launch earlier this year.
PGM has been a leading provider of physician billing services for almost 35 years.