The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has announced it is hosting a conference call on transitioning to ICD-10.
Oct. 1, 2015, was recently confirmed as the new compliance date for healthcare providers to make the transition to ICD-10.
During this Medicare Learning Network Connects national provider call, scheduled for November 5 from 1:30-3:00 p.m. ET, CMS subject matter experts will discuss ICD-10 implementation issues, opportunities for testing and resources. A question and answer session will follow the presentations.
The agenda is listed as follows:
- Final rule and national implementation
- Medicare Fee-For-Service testing
- Medicare Severity Diagnosis Related Grouper (MS-DRG) Conversion Project
- Partial code freeze and annual code updates
- Plans for National Coverage Determinations (NCDs) and Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs)
- Home health conversions
- Claims that span the implementation date
CMS says the target audience includes medical coders, physicians, physician office staff, nurses and other non-physician practitioners, provider billing staff, health records staff, vendors, educators, system maintainers, laboratories and all Medicare providers.
Space is limited, so it is advisable to register early. Register for the CMS conference call on the ICD-10 transition.