The American Chiropractic Association provides a free, valuable Medicare coding and billing resource you can access regardless of whether you are a member of ACA.
On its website, ACA answers about 20 chiropractic questions about the Medicare program. These questions include the following:
- Are we allowed to bill Medicare patients directly (i.e., not billing Medicare) as long as we have the patient's consent in writing?
- I have heard differing answers as to if it is appropriate to bill Medicare care for the use of an Activator type device when performing manipulation. Could you tell me if I am allowed to use an Activator?
- I do not have the time to do all it takes to appeal every Medicare claim. Is there an easier way?
- I would like to offer cash discounts to Medicare patients. Is this ok?
- Can I charge CPT code 97010, Hot/Cold Packs, to a Medicare patient?
If you are struggling with the complexities of chiropractic billing, consider outsourcing to a chiropractor billing business like PGM Billing. PGM has more than 30 years of experience in chiropractic billing, and will closely with your practice to ensure you do not leave money on the table and do not raise red flags with audit programs.